Feature suggestion: Allow specifying default language for sources

Hi, I think it would be nice if it was possible to specify a default language for e.g. POP3 email sources (and others).
When you’re using the Web form source, you can choose the document(s) language. But with non-interactive sources that’s not possible - so I think it would be nice if you could override the global default document language on a per-source basis.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Hi,

That’s a good idea :+1:

One of the patches from the sources app refactor added the ability to modify the language of an upload from any origin (UI, API, internal model). The capability is now available at the backend, it needs to be subclassed for non interactive sources and exposed via the UI as a persistent setting for the source.

We are quite late in the development cycle approaching beta state and overdue by a lot so I don’t know if it would be possible to fit this for this release, but most of the groundwork to add this is already done.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! Thanks a lot for your fast reply and I’m happy you like the suggestion!

Any news here for implementation?

It missed the merge windows but it is still in the queue to be added in the near term future.

1 Like

This feature has been implemented and merged. It will be included in version 4.7.

This topic was automatically closed 4 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.