Where to locate the downloaded files?

Hi, Good day!

I’m in a bit of hurry in totally implementing Mayan EDMS and I hope you can help me get through this new difficulty of mine. I’ve been searching around but can’t seemed to find the same issue and topic as mine.

• I want to know where and how to locate the downloaded files from Mayan
  • Can a user edit a file and save directly to Mayan without downloading it?

After downloading a certain file, it says that it’s queued but when I checked the messages, it says that the Document files are ready for download and gave me a link that I can’t access.

The document files have been compressed and are available for download using the link: http://192.168.1.101:8000/storage/downloads/1/download/ or from the downloads area (http://192.168.1.101:8000/storage/downloads/).

Thank you in advance for the prompt response and usual support.

You can download the files using quick download (Document>Files>3dots>quick download).

But i too find this too much button clicks to download a file. 2 most used option in any DMS is "upload document’ and “download document”, both of which has to be easily accessible.

I hope this is included in the future UX updates.

1 Like

Thank you for the prompt response.

I gave it a try but to no avail.
I can’t find the 3 dots and the quick download.

I’m using Version 4.6.1

• I want to know where and how to locate the downloaded files from Mayan
  • Can a user edit a file and save directly to Mayan without downloading it?

Please open different topics for different questions.

Documents can be downloaded directly using the “Quick download” link under the “Actions” menus.

If downloading documents, they need to be compressed as a background task and are stored in the “Download files” in the “Tools” menu.

Entry on how to setup the correct URL for downloads: The file download message shows the wrong URL/port

But i too find this too much button clicks to download a file. 2 most used option in any DMS is "upload document’ and “download document”, both of which has to be easily accessible.

I hope this is included in the future UX updates.

That is subjective. For other users the most important feature is search. Yet for for others, the workflow engine.

Mayan is first an enterprise document management system not a single user file manager. Mayan supports many storage backends to allow supporting millions of documents, of large size per document (in the Gigabyte range). It is not possible to download even a single document if it exceeds the time an HTTP connection remain open, much less multiple documents of the same size at the same time. That is why large files require specialized downloads systems like BitTorrent or custom out of band JavaScript downloaders.

Besides downloading individual document files, Mayan also supports downloading single documents with many files, or many documents with single files. It also support exporting document versions as PDF and exporting events for auditing as CSV files. Using the same system.

The UI in combination with the abstracted storage system already covers all use cases with a single UX flow.

More information on the topic:

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.