Search metadata

Hi, i have Mayan EDMS 4.4.2.
Is it possible to search through a combination of metadata?
For example, I created 3 metadata as below:

• Judge (which can take the value A, B or C)
  • Grade (which can be first appeal, second appeal or third appeal)
  • type (civil or criminal)
    If I wanted to search all the documents for a civil case with Judge A, second instance, would it be possible to do it? If yes, how?

Hi,

This is a complex query because it uses the combination of three pairs.

As a search query

It cannot be expressed using the user interface and needs to be composed manually. We created a search language used internally by Mayan that remains the same regardless of the search backend used. All user queries are translated into this language before processing.

Your search has 4 elements: 3 combinations plus 1 final combination of all first 3.

1. “judge” AND “A”
  2. “grade” AND “second instance”
  3. “type” AND “civil”
  4. #1 AND #2 AND #3

Written in Mayan’s search language that would be:

Element 1, Judge:

__J0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="judge"&__J1_metadata__value=="A"&__J2=AND_J0_J1

Element 2, Grade:

__G0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="grade"&__G1_metadata__value=="first grade"&__G2=AND_G0_G1

Element 3, Type:

__T0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="type"&__T1_metadata__value=="civil"&__T2=AND_T0_T1

Element 4, combine all previous 3:

__R=AND_J2_G2_T2&__result=R

The complete URL is as follows:

https://< Your Mayan EDMS URL >/#/search/results/?_search_model_pk=documents.documentsearchresult&__J0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="judge"&__J1_metadata__value=="a"&__J2=AND_J0_J1&__G0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="grade"&__G1_metadata__value=="first grade"&__G2=AND_G0_G1&__T0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="type"&__T1_metadata__value=="civil"&__T2=AND_T0_T1&__R=AND_J2_G2_T2&__result=R

If you typed it correctly the search explainer should look like this or similar.

The same search works via the API:

https://< Your Mayan EDMS URL >/api/v4/search/documents.documentsearchresult/?__J0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="judge"&__J1_metadata__value=="a"&__J2=AND_J0_J1&__G0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="grade"&__G1_metadata__value=="first grade"&__G2=AND_G0_G1&__T0_metadata__metadata_type__name=="type"&__T1_metadata__value=="civil"&__T2=AND_T0_T1&__R=AND_J2_G2_T2&__result=R

As an index

You can also use a multi level index to automatically categorize the documents by these values.

If the order Judge → Grade → Type does not work, you can use any order, or create multiple indexes with different orders:

• Grade → Type → Judge
  • Type → Judge → Grade.

Good Day,
Is it possible to search within search results? This will be much simpler I think if the feature exists.
For this Exemple First I search for all civil cases then within the results I search all related to Judge A and then tsecond case.
Is it OK too?

Hi,

If you need to find something by hierarchy the correct and simpler method is to use an index as shown here to create such hierarchy.

While the search is not a replacement for proper document organization Mayan does have the ability:

• Filter search results
  • Create complex search queries using logical operations
  • Chain multiple search operations where the output of one is the input of the next via Batch API requests

Relevant Knowledge base articles:

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.