IMAP source does not process automatically

Hi all,
first of all thank you for this great piece of software!

I used the latest docker compose file to install Mayan and changed only the passwords in the .env file.
But when I create a IMAP source the mails are not fetched automatically. When I test the source one mail gets fetched, so this seems to work fine.

In the logs I can see that the celery beat and the workers are started successfully:

mayan-app-1         | 2023-09-30 06:11:36,351 INFO success: mayan-edms-celery-beat entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 10 seconds (startsecs)
mayan-app-1         | 2023-09-30 06:11:36,352 INFO success: mayan-edms-worker_a entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 10 seconds (startsecs)
mayan-app-1         | 2023-09-30 06:11:36,352 INFO success: mayan-edms-worker_b entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 10 seconds (startsecs)
mayan-app-1         | 2023-09-30 06:11:36,352 INFO success: mayan-edms-worker_c entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 10 seconds (startsecs)
mayan-app-1         | 2023-09-30 06:11:36,352 INFO success: mayan-edms-worker_d entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 10 seconds (startsecs)
mayan-app-1         | 2023-09-30 06:11:36,352 INFO success: mayan-edms-worker_e entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 10 seconds (startsecs)

What else can I check?

I use POP3 sources but also realised that mails are not fetched from the mailbox in the latest version.

EDIT: Just updated to 4.5.3 and it is working again (was on 4.5.2)

Uh oh… it’s importing the same mails in an endless loop now. I have to stop that :sweat_smile:

EDIT2: Actually Mayan does not seem to delete any data in any sources anymore in 4.5.3. I disabled my POP3 sources but it keeps importing files from my folders over and over again… Is anyone experiencing the same?

1 Like

Can confirm that automatic mail fetching works after the update to 4.5.3.
Thanks!

Do you have any problems with duplicated imports?

Unfortunately yes. 3000 new documents from 20 mails.

What’s odd is that I disabled the IMAP source when I saw that it started to import duplicates. But it seems to have fetched the mails anyway.
I checked the conditions and set the source to move the files into another folder on the mail server. But it does not move them.

The same for me. It just kept on with the importing. I had to delete the mails manually.

For now all my sources are disabled and it stopped (file system sources did not import despite being disabled).

I have the same problem with the watch folders, no function since 4.5, since 4.5.2 a one-time manual retrieval works, the document remains standing. 4.5.3 imports again automatically but endlessly.
Problem with direct install and docker

I’ll stick with 4.4.8 for now

Version 4.5.4 was published and includes a fix for this. Please upgrade and verify.

2 Likes

Hello Roberto,

verified: 4.5.4 fixes all my problems with the sources

2 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation!

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.