Few questions about the DMS

I have some queries as below, please let me know you have any idea on how to resolve/bypass for any of them.

1. When I share a link of a document to someone and that person open the URL (not login yet), system will show main page of the DMS screen on 1~2 second before redirect to login page. I think it should show login screen instead of main page of the DMS screen.

2. How can I share URL to a document on the DMS to a person and limit by number of time people can view the document via this link? Like for document A - can be viewed 5 times, document B - can be viewed 3 times.

3. How to add assignment in the workflow? Like the document’s state is checking and the person in charge will select someone to assign the document to to process further basing on that branch of the workflow.

4. Are there a way to limit number of document appear on the list on the dashboard? Because if I uploaded like 1000 documents at once, the list of recent accessed or recent created could be very long.

5. How does the Duplicated Documents and Versioning works on Mayan?

1. When I share a link of a document to someone and that person open the URL (not login yet), system will show main page of the DMS screen on 1~2 second before redirect to login page. I think it should show login screen instead of main page of the DMS screen.

Mayan EDMS supports many authentication backends and methods. This feature is required to allow authentication methods that rely on external factors like authentication tokens.

You can customize this by changing the value of the setting COMMON_HOME_VIEW.

1. How can I share URL to a document on the DMS to a person and limit by number of time people can view the document via this link? Like for document A - can be viewed 5 times, document B - can be viewed 3 times.

This can be achieved by using a workflow that is triggered by the document view permission to increase a counter and then remove the view access control of the user’s role. Actual implementation will vary on many factors but this is the basic layout.

1. How to add assignment in the workflow? Like the document’s state is checking and the person in charge will select someone to assign the document to to process further basing on that branch of the workflow.

Mayan EDMS is a system designed to work with millions of documents and thousands of users, and the concept of task assignment does not apply, just like there is no concept of document ownership.

As Mayan EDMS is designed to mirror business operations, whichever user has been granted the required access via a role or ACL to perform an operation becomes, by action of the permission grant, the owner or custodian of such documents.

1. Are there a way to limit number of document appear on the list on the dashboard? Because if I uploaded like 1000 documents at once, the list of recent accessed or recent created could be very long.

Both of these are limited by design. The default value is 400 documents.

1. How does the Duplicated Documents and Versioning works on Mayan?

Like most things in Mayan EDMS, the duplicate system is not monolithic and uses backends to express the logic. What constitutes a duplicate will vary for each business purpose of Mayan EDMS. For one organization could be exact content. For another, could be same document titles. Yet for another could be same metadata like project or vendor.

By default Mayan EDMS includes two deduplication backends for most common use cases: exact document label and exact document files.

Because deduplication is an intensive operation requiring optimized database queries, deduplication backends can only be written in Python to access Django’s ORM system.

Any app can define custom deduplication backends and they will be automatically found and loaded as long as the module is named duplicate_backends.py.

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.