Error during installation won't even start

I tried installing Mayan EDMS to try out at work because it is supposed to be “Enterprise grade” but it just errors out with a RecursionError after creating the database. Won’t even finish the installation.

Version 4.6.4, I followed the instructions to the letter. Any idea how this can be patched so I can at least evaluate it?

1 Like

Can you post the output of python -v?

I followed the Docker Compose instructions I don’t understand why the Python version matters.

import ‘token’ # <_frozen_importlib_external.SourceFileLoader object at 0x7bb1f64bd110>
import ‘_tokenize’ # <_frozen_importlib_external.BuiltinImporter>
import ‘tokenize’ # <_frozen_importlib_external.SourceFileLoader object at 0x7bb1f64bcd10>
import ‘linecache’ # <_frozen_importlib_external.SourceFileLoader object at 0x7bb1f64b14d0>
import ‘inspect’ # <_frozen_importlib_external.SourceFileLoader object at 0x7bb1f6697910>
import ‘rlcompleter’ # <_frozen_importlib_external.SourceFileLoader object at 0x7bb1f6696d90>
Python 3.11.6 (main, Apr 10 2023, 05:06:43) [GCC 13.2.0] on linux
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

1 Like

The Python 3.11.6 package date should be Oct 8 2023.
Apr 10 2024 is the package date for Python 3.12. Also, the _tokenize private module is not available in Python 3.11

Looks like instead of a Docker Compose install you are attempting to do a direct install which is not supported using also a Python version that is not yet support, and then doctoring the output to hide this fact.

Please use the supported and tested method presented here: Docker Compose installation — Mayan EDMS 4.6.4 documentation

You think you are pretty smart you fucking pissant. Your a nobody.

Paperless NGX rules!
Mayan drools!

1 Like

you alright in your head?

@jxsl13 It is you who’s fucked in the head. How can you support paywalled documentation. Who the hell gives money to this racist fucker. You are guilty for enabling him and his irk. All of you are, every single one of you. This will not be forgotten when the time comes. We’ll find out who each of you are and get in contact with your job. You’ll regret ever supporting this piece of shit person.

1 Like