EML files import - unexpected behavior

I developed a basic WF to add some file_metadata read by an eml filter starting with version 4.7.1 of Mayan-Edms. Everything works OK when I load eml files through the web interface. However, when I import the same files using the Watch folder, Mayan-edms recognizes them as plain text files rather than mail messages.

Imported using Mayan_Edms web interface:
Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 18.20.38

Imported using Watch folder:
Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 18.21.06

Have you heard of this unexpected behavior?

Tanks.

Massimo

I use Mayan 4.3.12 and I just uploaded a .eml file using the Mayan Web Gui.
My file keeps the name .eml, the Mime type is

MIME Typ: text/plain
Kodierung: us-ascii

I created a watch folder and have exactly the same Mime Type (as I would have expected):

MIME Typ: text/plain
Kodierung: us-ascii

@maxsabba

EML files are a container that includes one of more files. They behave like ZIP files. If you upload the EML without decompressing it Mayan will detect it as an EML file. If you decompress the EML during upload (GUI or sources), the files contained by the EML will be detected as their corresponding MIME type.

In your case it seems the upload via GUI and via sources are configured differently when it comes to the decompression setting.

@sam228

Support for EML files (decompression and file metadata extraction) was added in version 4.7: Version 4.7 — Mayan EDMS 4.8.3 documentation

Previous version will just detect it as a text file.

This topic was automatically closed 4 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.