Custom Fields

Hello together,

I think about using Mayan. I’d really like to know more about custom fields:

• Is it possible to search documents by custom fields (e.g. invoice amount > 200)?
  • Are custom fields shown in document lists?
  • Is it possible to create view in whitch you can select the columns to show?
  • Is it possible to export a view (document list) as a table of documents (csv, xls or similar)?

Yours
Ragoutc

Hi,

Custom fields in Mayan are called “Document Metadata”.

• Is it possible to search documents by custom fields (e.g. invoice amount > 200)?

Yes, it is possible.

• Are custom fields shown in document lists?

Yes, the are are.

• Is it possible to create view in whitch you can select the columns to show?

Yes, but not from the user interface. This is to prevent a user adding to many columns that will harm performance or bypass the access control.

• Is it possible to export a view (document list) as a table of documents (csv, xls or similar)?

Yes, but from the API using the dynamic field API. Only pages are supported otherwise users could abuse this to request something like a 1M documents list.

Thank you very much for the very quick and very helpful answer. So i will give it a try.
I just installed Paperless-ngx a few days ago and i was disappointed. It is possible, to define custom fields, but there is nothing i can do with them.

Yours
Ragoutc

This topic was automatically closed 8 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.