Cache Size Increase Issues

I am uploading a large number of files, and some of them are large relative to the cache size (PDF’s over 1 GB). Processing seems to catch in a loop of refreshing the cache when I try to start OCR.

I have tried to increase the size of DOCUMENTS_VERSION_PAGE_IMAGE_CACHE_MAXIMUM_SIZE or DOCUMENTS_FILE_PAGE_IMAGE_CACHE_MAXIMUM_SIZE through the settings under documents. When I change either of those the “mayan_app_1” docker container becomes unstable and will only run for 1-2 seconds before shutting down after changing either one, then starting back up automatically and repeating. I have tried this in a fresh setup of Mayan EDMS with no documents and I got the same results. Is there a way to increase the cache sizes without compromising stability?

I have Mayan running in Docker on a Ubuntu 22.04 server VM and I have plenty of CPU, memory and disk space I can throw at it if increasing any of those will help. I am not super familiar with docker and I am brand new to Mayan, any advice or help would be appreciated. Beyond what I have said I am not sure what other information I can provide that would be helpful but I can easily gather whatever is needed.

There are multiple factors that need to be addressed.

• When increasing the cache size, you need to restart the stack and verify in the settings view that the caches have acquired the new value.

“mayan_app_1” docker container becomes unstable and will only run for 1-2 seconds before shutting down after changing either one

This looks like the container is being killed by the OS. Similar discussion with provided context. The default install favor ease of install vs. scalability. For heavier workloads switch to a multi container deployment.

How to use the multi container Docker Compose profile

Optionally scale up the OCR worker, at least during the initial document loading.

Scaling up a multi container installation

I have tried this in a fresh setup of Mayan EDMS with no documents and I got the same results.

This should not be happening. Ensure you are following the supported installation method and validate the installation before loading up large documents.