Restrict documents to thier authors and validators

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
jmorcret

Restrict documents to thier authors and validators

Post by jmorcret » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:37 am

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting and discover Mayan and it seems really good. I've installed Mayan to have a workflow of document's approval.

In other words, here is what I'm looking for : user fill a purchase order (for example) and upload it. A validator look this order and decide if it's validate or not.

What I've done actually :
- create a workflow for purchase order with states ("Pending approval" (initial state), "Approved") and transitions ("Approve ok", "Not approved")
- create 2 groups : users and approval_group
- create 2 roles : users and approval (linked to their respective group)
- create 2 users : one in users group, the other one in approval_group

Apparently, when a user upload a document, the validator can set the document to the next step via "Approve ok" transition. And this part is a good starting point for me :D .

The problem appears when there are an other user. The second one can see all documents.

I want all documents can be visible only by the author and the validator group. How can I do it ?

Thanks all.

Regards

Technical informations :
Manually installed regarding this documentation : https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/deploying.html
Mayan version : 3.2.4
Mayan build : v3.2.4_Sat Jun 29 02:50:51 2019 -0400

jmorcret

Re: Restrict documents to thier authors and validators

Post by jmorcret » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:50 am

Hi everyone,

Does my problem isn't solvable ? Maybe I forgot to add some informations or I missed something which can help me ?

Regards