Custom app developpement

Technical aspects, customization, code samples.
yonnak

Custom app developpement

Post by yonnak »

Hi,

I'm new to Mayan and Django.

I am developping a custom app to meet my requirements. I have a custom menu wich allow me to access custom views and templates.

I'm trying to display a document along with its metadatas in the same template but can not get it work.

Could someone point me in the right direction or provide some example code, please?

Thank you!
cephstore

Re: Custom app developpement

Post by cephstore »

Can you post more information about what you are trying to accomplish? Maybe some mockups? Will help understand better.
yonnak

Post by yonnak »

Hi, thank you for your help.

Here is my situation: the user have to flll some metadatas wich values are stored in the document. Once done he needs to launch the next transition of the workflow.

I'd like to have all of this in a single template: document preview, metadata edition form and, workflow transition button, like this:
customapp.png
customapp.png (133.88 KiB) Viewed 104 times
I can't inherit from both DocumentVersionPreviewView and DocumentMetadataEditView as, if I understand correctly, they share common functions definitions.

Is it possible to acheive something like that?
Last edited by yonnak on Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
cephstore

Post by cephstore »

Your mockup looks like the upload wizard. Taking a look at the source upload wizard it seem the view type you need if the [MultiFormView:] and give it all the form classes you want to display. No idea how to change the layout though to get the left up and down display you need.

Also FYI, it good etiquette to post images directly in the forum and not in external links that could disappear in the future like all the images in the "Guides" topic.