Add an event entry when tesseract fails

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
derBaertige

Add an event entry when tesseract fails

Post by derBaertige »

Hi,

currently when a document is sent to Tesseract to be processedthere is an entry in the document's event log saying that this document has been added to Tesseract's processing queue and there is another message when Tesseract has successfully processed the document.

However when Tesseract fails, for example because someone defined the document's language as French but the Tesseract package for French is not installed, one does not get another entry in the event log and the document is not processed. Maybe a message could be generated in the event log saying that due to an error the document couldn't be processed so that the user isn't waiting for the document to be processed.
michael
Developer
Developer

Re: Add an event entry when tesseract fails

Post by michael »

Hello,

I've been thinking about this before making a recommendation. My inclination so far has been to categorize this more as a warning that an error. I'll continue evaluating the propose solution before a final recommendation.

Cheers!
derBaertige

Re: Add an event entry when tesseract fails

Post by derBaertige »

Warning would be fine in my book, too. I guess it makes more sense as the actual document is archived/stored correctly.