Registration

Reverse proxies, SSL termination, web servers, helm charts, integrations, batch files, anything having to do with installing Mayan.
emtty

Registration

Post by emtty »

For commercial purchase of the book, one of the requested fields is " Registration number ". Documentation or searches (forum etc) do not explain how to register. Do not remember seeing any such number during the install (direct/python env) or anywhere in the web panel to do so.
emtty

Re: Registration

Post by emtty »

Guess it's just made up non-sense...
franco
Developer
Developer

Post by franco »

For commercial purchase of the book, one of the requested fields is " Registration number ". Documentation or searches (forum etc) do not explain how to register. Do not remember seeing any such number during the install (direct/python env) or anywhere in the web panel to do so.
  • To buy the book you go to the website, add it to you shopping cart and pay.
  • As far as I know there are no "Registration number" required to purchase the book.
  • The book shopping cart is your typical shopping cart experience, it has no relation to Mayan's documentation or forum. There is no connection between the two.
  • There is no connection between purchasing the book and installing Mayan EDMS or running Python code either directly or via an env rov via a "web panel".
Can you explain what you are attempting to do because I could not make any sense of it.

Also please refrain from color commentary and emotion driven rants. We would like to help you but first we need to understand empirically what you are attempting to do and why it failed.

Thanks.
emtty

Post by emtty »

Can you explain what you are attempting to do because I could not make any sense of it.
Purchase the book, simple as that. The problem that arose was that when your project's book purchasing form asked for a registration number, whoever was responsible for placing the order within the company came back to me and asked, "What is our registration number?". I didn't have the answer, so they refused to proceed and I posted the question here to get clarification. Nobody here apparently has any idea what it is either. If there is no such number or it's not required, why is it on the order form?

I convinced the people in purchasing at the company no such number existed, they made something up, and purchased the book.