[solved] Static file collection fails (3.2 + 3.2.1)

When things doesn't work as they should.
kraileth

[solved] Static file collection fails (3.2 + 3.2.1)

Post by kraileth » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello everybody,

came across Mayan when I was looking for a DMS that is not Java-based. Trying it out using the Docker container, I quickly liked it. Thanks a lot for all the work you are doing! To perform a formal evaluation (and hopefully replacing the moody beast that the company I work for uses right now...) I need to do a proper installation. For various reasons I may not use Python 2 and so I watched the project (and mayan-edms-ng while it was active) until I discovered yesterday that 3.2 with Python 3 support was released the same day!

I did an installation on FreeBSD (following this fine tutorial) earlier this year (with Python 2) and got everything working. With version 3.2 however the procedure fails at collecting the static files. The error message is:
The CSS file 'appearance/node_modules/bootswatch/docs/3/node_modules/less/test/css/url-args/urls.css' references a file which could not be found:
appearance/node_modules/bootswatch/docs/3/node_modules/less/test/css/url-args/fonts.svg
I saw that a newer version has been released since and I tried that today. Unfortunately I'm still having problems, however the error message is different:
The CSS file 'appearance/node_modules/bootswatch/docs/3/node_modules/less/test/css/static-urls/urls.css' references a file which could not be found:
appearance/node_modules/bootswatch/docs/3/node_modules/less/test/css/static-urls/folder\ \(1\
Yes, the closing parenthesis is missing there, however I cannot find what is causing this. Any idea what is happening here?
Last edited by kraileth on Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

rosarior

Re: Static file collection fails (3.2 + 3.2.1)

Post by rosarior » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:45 am

Hi,

Use the "preparestatic" instead of "collectstatic", the new command works the same as "collectstatic" but filters all the tests files that the JavaScript packages include in their distributions.

https://docs.mayan-edms.com/releases/3. ... le-changes

kraileth

Re: Static file collection fails (3.2 + 3.2.1)

Post by kraileth » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 am

Looks like I managed to miss that important difference... The preparestatic command totally did the trick. Thanks for your help!