Nginx Reverse Proxy for Mayan 4.2

Reverse proxies, SSL termination, web servers, helm charts, integrations, batch files, anything having to do with installing Mayan.
dbayer

Nginx Reverse Proxy for Mayan 4.2

Post by dbayer »

Hello,

I've been perusing the upcoming changes to Mayan 4.2. Specifically I noticed the docker-compose.yml file seems to be integrating Traefik into most of the containers for a reverse proxy.

I'm wondering how I can use Nginx for a reverse proxy with these changes. I already use Nginx for a reverse proxy with my other Docker Apps. I'm using NPM to manage all of them

https://nginxproxymanager.com/

It's relatively easy to use with any docker container, you just add the NPM network to the outward facing containers.

So I'm wondering how I can continue to do this with Traefik becoming so integrated into Mayan?

Thanks for any help,
Daniel
DrRSatzteil

Re: Nginx Reverse Proxy for Mayan 4.2

Post by DrRSatzteil »

I remember I was confused by this as well but if you look closely the docker-compose.yml only looks a bit blown up due to the heavy use of profiles. The standard configuration (see profile setting in .env file) however does not use the traefik reverse proxy. You can just add your network as you used to do in earlier versions of Mayan EDMS. I’m still on an older docker version which does not yet support profiles so my setup looks pretty much the same than what it looked like in versions 3.x.
dbayer

Post by dbayer »

Thanks for sharing your insight on this. Since posting, I've come to pretty much the same conclusion.

Right now I'm stuck, waiting for 4.2a1 to be uploaded to Docker. When I try to pull it, it says the manifest for that version doesn't exist.

Which is fine, this is an alpha release and is to be expected.
SidneyMclaughlin

Post by SidneyMclaughlin »

Suppose you are using a proxy for account registration at some service, and more people besides you are using this proxy-IP at the same service as you do. The service, in turn, noticing excessive activity from one IP may block that IP and all accounts connected to it. In this case, I would advise using individual proxies for seo agencies. They are strong enough and optimal for different tasks.