Where is the folder label stored?

Anything concerning integration via the REST API
trob39

Where is the folder label stored?

Post by trob39 »

I'm working with mayan through the API and I'm trying to find out how to get the original folder label since I know it gets converted.

The properties that get returned are:

children: MayanFolder[],
document_url: string,
full_path: string,
id: number,
label: string,
parent: number,
parent_url: string,
url: string

Is there another label property I'm missing? The existing label seems to be parent folder / GUID.

Thanks
michael
Developer
Developer

Re: Where is the folder label stored?

Post by michael »

I'm not sure I understand. Are you looking for the original filename of the document before being uploaded? The fields you are mentioning are from the cabinets and they hold no relationship to the document filename.
trob39

Re: Where is the folder label stored?

Post by trob39 »

michael wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:44 pm I'm not sure I understand. Are you looking for the original filename of the document before being uploaded? The fields you are mentioning are from the cabinets and they hold no relationship to the document filename.
I guess I'm a little confused. I'm able to create a new folder with the API, but what if I want to check to make sure there is no duplicate foldername before uploading? I guess that would be the label the end user sees when looking at folders in cabinets.

I know the folder gets renamed but it still has the label value of the uploaded folder name, correct?