Assistance offered to create user help

If you want to help out with the project, this is the forum for you. Here you will find topics for which the team needs help or volunteers to take over.
mpleam

Assistance offered to create user help

Post by mpleam »

Hi

As a professional technical author (and a Mayan user), I would be happy to lend my skills in producing user guides/books as help for users - I have already created user help for my company in HTML, PDF and CHM formats (and incorporated all the changes up to 3.5.8).

I am happy to lend my skills to the project - please let me know if you would like my assistance!

Regards

Mark
michael
Developer
Developer

Re: Assistance offered to create user help

Post by michael »

Hello,

This is great! Documentation is something we rarely get help with.

Can you share the guides you have built already?

Cheers!
mpleam

Post by mpleam »

Hello Michael

My written guides are in `.pdf` and `.chm` format (sorry for the bias towards Windoze, but that's the infrastructure my company uses) - I can also convert these to HTML and Markdown.

The video files (in `.MP4` format) are in progress and there are only two or three at the moment. All the guides were written for 3.5.8, but I will be updating for version 4.0.x shortly. I can upload some of the guides here, or could pass you an external link to our CMS - please let me know your preference.

Regards

Mark
mpleam

Post by mpleam »

Hi Michael

I couldn't find a way to PM you directly, so have sent a message via the Admin link that contains a download link for the help I have created - please do not share these publically.

Regards

Mark