Automatic Document Renaming

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
jevgl

Post by jevgl » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:37 am

Throwing this one out there:

anybody played around with this?
mayan-document_renaming 1.0.0

is it reliable.
in would be interesting to hear some feedback about this or any other "plugins" that you guys are using.

Kind regards

rosarior

Re: Automatic Document Renaming

Post by rosarior » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Hi @jevgi,

The document renaming app was deprecated and it's functionality added to the core Mayan as a workflow action.

Create a workflow with two states (A & B). Trigger a transition to the state B when on the document properties edit event. Add a document rename action to the B state and in the template use any property of the document to build the new document label structure. Anything that can be use in the index templates is also available in the rename action template (tags, cabinets, smart links, metatada, upload date time, etc).

We did this because it was a lot of work maintain separate plugins. Same with fork, that is why we are consolidating all features of forks into a single codebase.

Example, topic about the UX/UI consolidation and new UI features: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=846#p846

Best regards.

majerus

Post by majerus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:01 am

@rosarior I tried to create this however when trying to create the 'rename' action all i see is this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:35 am

Use "Modify the properties of the document". On the "Label" use a template that like you would for an index.
Example: Invoice-{{ document.metadata_value_of.invoice_number }}
Attachments
Screenshot from 2019-03-12 00-34-11.png
Screenshot from 2019-03-12 00-34-11.png (36.87 KiB) Viewed 575 times

majerus

Post by majerus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Thanks for that it makes sense. I think I am running into an issue where documents are not entering a workflow. I have the workflow configured for 'document types' of 'warranty. I then added the documents to that type however they are not showing in the workflow. Is there something else required to start the workflow?

HarryE

Post by HarryE » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:10 pm

I have the same issue of new documents not being assigned to workflow.
There should be a manual add/remove/restart to/from workflow action available in the document workflow contextual menu.