ORC Languages

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
jevgl

ORC Languages

Post by jevgl » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Anyone able to tell me if i can add languages to the OCR engine?

rosarior

Re: ORC Languages

Post by rosarior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:34 am

You need to add the language package of the OCR engine. This is done with the apt-get command in Debian/Ubuntu. Check your distribution's package installed if it is another.

After installing the language package select the desired language as the Document language during upload.

Here is the documentation chapter on adding OCR languages: https://docs.mayan-edms.com/topics/admi ... cr-backend

jevgl

Post by jevgl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 am

Hi,

thanks for your quick response

the thing is that i have already downloaded and install the SLV pack, but the thing is that when i go to change the properties of the document i dont get a Slovenian option.

KevinPawsey

Post by KevinPawsey » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 am

Hi,

I think that choosing the language of the document is only something that is when you import it maybe? Have you tried doing a new document to see if there is any option there for new languages?

Would it be possible to re-import the documents?

Thanks

Kevin
Running Mayan-EDMS on: OpenMediaVault, (Docker plugin), on x86 dual-core

jevgl

Post by jevgl » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:55 pm

i have played around with it and Slovenian doesn't come in anywhere. i can change the interface language which is partially translated but thats it.

to be honest i wouldn't even bother with it, but we have three accented characters and it would save me a tone of time if i could get this to work.

the project is fantastic thought. im fooling around with the index statements, which are a bit of a challenge but other than that this is gonna save me a huge amount of time.

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:56 pm

To add Slovenian to the list of available document languages go to "Setup" -> "Settings" -> "Documents" -> "DOCUMENTS_LANGUAGE_CODES" and add "slv" to the list of ISO639 language codes. Restart the Mayan server and Slovenian should now show on the document language selection dropdown.

You can also make Slovenian the default language when uploading new documents by settings "DOCUMENTS_LANGUAGE" to slv. This can save you some time when uploading many documents.
Screenshot from 2019-02-11 17-53-00.png
Screenshot from 2019-02-11 17-53-00.png (41.62 KiB) Viewed 301 times

jevgl

Post by jevgl » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 pm

You are an absolute champion.

this works like a charm.

Thanks a thousand times. :D

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Awesome! :) And thanks for the feedback we'll expand the OCR language section of the documentation to explain this better.

Thanks @KevinPawsey for chiming in. I'm not able to hang around the forum a lot during development cycles and active forum user like you help a lot. Thank you.