2FA intergration using TOTP

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
wouter1702

2FA intergration using TOTP

Post by wouter1702 »

Hello,

I am a home user and i use Mayan just to scan and store all my important documents so i can easy lookup documents when i need them. I run my Mayan environment as a docker container (with postgres and redis) on a Synology DS1019+ and that works very well. Recently i put traefik as a reverse proxy with TLS termination (Lets Encrypt) in front of all my docker apps so my mayan app is now available outside my home environment through https.

Now i want to secure the login a bit more. I see there are options to use an LDAP server for user authentication the amount of users i have created in Mayan are limited to 5 so no need for LDAP. Does LDAP add extra security?
Is it posible to add 2Factor Authentication to the local Mayan account.

I use a password vault that supports TOTP. Is there a option to implement 2FA in combination with the Mayan user database?

Thanks, Kind Regards,

Wouter Iliohan
franco
Developer
Developer

Re: 2FA intergration using TOTP

Post by franco »

Hi,

This is on the roadmap and we have an experimental implementation already in place. However since this feature depends on an API change that is not backwards compatible it won't be out until version 4.0 at least.

Another core member is developing a TOTP hardware token using MicroPython for a completely free and offline solution.
2020-06-24_01-50.png
2020-06-24_01-50.png (327.59 KiB) Viewed 3658 times