gmail account as a source input

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
mcarlosro

gmail account as a source input

Post by mcarlosro » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:46 am

Hi,

I configured a new gmail pop3 accounts as the input source. When I tested manually, I saw I got 3 document types (the attachment, html body and text body).

Is there any way to avoid to generate the bodies? My use case is to send document I want to store in mayan but with no text or even more to remove the text from the original email.

Also, why are 3 documents entries generated instead of only 1 per email?

Thanks in advance,

rssfed23

Re: gmail account as a source input

Post by rssfed23 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:20 pm

There’s a tick box “store email body” in the source setup. That stores the email content and is what you need to untick in order to discard the text written in an email (and only store the attachments).

Emails are stored as 1-3 separate emails because that’s what they are in reality. An email isn’t “one object” in that emails aren’t messages + attachments combined into one file, but rather a html or text file + attachments + metadata.

A core philosophy of Mayan is never to modify an original document so that’s why separate documents are created for the body and any attachments (as that’s what an email client actually receives).

If you untick that tick box (I’ve not checked pop it may only be there for imap) it’ll stop saving message body but you may still get an extra file for metadata.
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.

mcarlosro

Re: gmail account as a source input

Post by mcarlosro » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:01 pm

thanks. I saw the option.