LDAP settings not loading?

When things don't work as they should.
rduz

LDAP settings not loading?

Post by rduz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi,

I set up my mayan by doing the direct install with the advanced option. It seems to be working fine so I'd like to use LDAP for logging in.

First, I set up an LDAP user on my active directory and I wrote some test scripts runnable from the command line to make sure I can connect to it and successfully query it from the server. All is ok on that front.

I followed this post to set up the integration on Mayan. Once I restart the services, I receive, and continue to receive, (no matter what I seem to do) the error message "Please enter a correct Username and password." At this point, I don't believe the ldap.py module is actually getting loaded, but I'm not certain how I can tell for sure. The reason I believe that is that one thing I did to test it was to put a syntax error in the /opt/mayan-edms/media/mayan_settings/ldap.py file, but I found that the gunicorns still load fine. Also, no interesting messages in /var/log/supervisor/*.log during the restart. Nothing shows up in the supervisor logs during a login attempt either.

How can I prove the ldap module is loaded?

Is there a django or mayan URL that lists the running config variables for example?

How can I cause the program to log the ldap requests and responses to rule out a mis-configuration of the ldap parameters?

Thank you.

Regards,
rduz