edit/delete sub-cabinet

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
wootti

edit/delete sub-cabinet

Post by wootti »

Hello,

I just get start with Mayan for a month. So far, it seem like Mayan fits pretty well with my requirement. However, I have problem with cabinet. I can rename or delete the top level cabinet, but I cannot change anything with sub-cabinet. If I spell name of sub-cabinet incorrectly, I do not see how I can fix the name. Only thing I can do now is the delete the top level and recreate everything again :(

Please let me know if there is a better solution.

Thank you :)
Wootti
rosarior
Developer
Developer

Re: edit/delete sub-cabinet

Post by rosarior »

Hi,

to rename a sub cabinet, select the cabinet from the tree layout on the left, from the "Actions" menu select "Edit".

See the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps.
rename_cabinet.jpg
rename_cabinet.jpg (28.08 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
wootti

Post by wootti »

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I found the problem. I used my laptop to work on mayan, and with the resolution of my laptop, it did not show the red action button.
The attachment snap1.PNG is no longer available
So, I need to increase resolution to make it appear.

Wootti
Attachments
snap1.PNG
snap1.PNG (49.2 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
rosarior
Developer
Developer

Post by rosarior »

Thanks for the update and the screenshot. Images help us a lot drill down the cause of an issue. This seems to be an issue with the responsible design of the UI which is meant to degrade as screen size goes down. Related issues:

- https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/643 The "Actions" button won't show up, if window size between 992 and 1248 px
- https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/656 Menu overlaps page title in some languages

We are about to release a bugfix version for the 3.2 series and will work on this after that. If the issue is simple (maybe some tweaks to the padding or margins of elements) it will be included in a further 3.2 bugfix release. If the fix requires rewriting the HTML template then it will be available in the 3.3 series.

Thanks for the taking the time to report and follow up, I appreciate it.