How can I disable the file_metadata app?

When things doesn't work as they should.
ue4hobbyist

How can I disable the file_metadata app?

Post by ue4hobbyist » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 am

I want to disable the file metadata_app because in my low spec server searching for documents take 10x long when it is enabled. I tried to disable in from the INSTALLED_APPS variable but I cant upload documents anymore and I get this error:

celery.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Trying to select queue subset of ['default', 'checkouts_periodic', 'indexing', 'signatures', 'documents_periodic', 'uploads', 'documents', 'file_metadata', 'metadata', 'sources', 'sources_periodic'], but queue 'file_metadata' is not, defined in the CELERY_QUEUES setting.

Is there any way to disable it without problems?

rosarior

Re: How can I disable the file_metadata app?

Post by rosarior » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:25 am

The app is being disabled but the worker is still being asked to service the task queue "file_metadata", which doesn't exists now. To solve that disable the app as you did and also update the supervisord file in /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mayan.conf

In the [program:mayan-worker-medium] section edit the line:

command = nice -n 18 /opt/mayan-edms/bin/mayan-edms.py celery worker -Ofair -l ERROR -Q default,checkouts_periodic,indexing,signatures,documents_periodic,uploads,documents,file_metadata,metadata,sources,sources_periodic -n mayan-worker-medium.%%h --concurrency=1

and remove "file_metadata" from the list. Keep everything else the same. Restart supervisord to restart Mayan.