Mayan and Nextcloud

Reverse proxies, SSL termination, web servers, helm charts, integrations, batch files, anything having to do with installing Mayan.
hamling

Mayan and Nextcloud

Post by hamling »

Hi,

I've set up a docker-compose with both Mayan and Nextcloud working with LetsEncrypt (using nginx proxy). Both apps are up and running.

I have a volume created called ncdata and reference it as follows:

- ncdata:/var/www/html/data (for NextCloud)

- ncdata:/staging_files (for Mayan)

I'd like to be able to use my NextCloud data folder as a staging folder for Mayan, but I've run into the problem that NextCloud creates the files as user www-data and then I get a permissions error from Mayan (I assume because Mayan is using the mayan user).

I'm new to: docker, docker-compose, Mayan, and Nextcloud, and rusty on my Linux, so maybe it is something trivial...

Has anyone done anything like this or have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg
DrRSatzteil

Re: Mayan and Nextcloud

Post by DrRSatzteil »

Hi Greg,

I pretty much do the same thing:

I mount the nextcloud folder via WebDAV on the Mayan host (actually the same host) and mount the WebDAV share into the Mayan container and use it as a source in Mayan. I actually also use this folder as base folder for a ftp server that my scanner/printer connects to. By using WebDAV it is fine to move delete or do whatever with the files as opposed to mounting the actual nextcloud data folder.

So:

1. Mount folder via WebDAV/davfs (in /etc/fstab) on host (set permissions according to your needs)
2. Mount WebDAV folder in Mayan container
3. Use mounted folder as source an enjoy
4. Optional but recommended: Untangle Nextcloud and Mayan...