Support for PATCH / PUT / DELETE methods in REST "action" for a workflow

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
joekhoobyar

Support for PATCH / PUT / DELETE methods in REST "action" for a workflow

Post by joekhoobyar »

In order to enable automated processing of documents in my workflow, I should have support for PATCH / PUT / DELETE methods in a REST "action" for my workflow state.

Today, this is not possible, I can only use a POST. This means that I cannot call a large percentage of the Mayan REST API from my workflow action.

Can we add this feature, easily?

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Re: Support for PATCH / PUT / DELETE methods in REST "action" for a workflow

Post by rosarior »

Thanks for the request. This is not implemented as it was originally meant to trigger outside actions. With the new possibility of using the HTTP action to trigger Mayan's own API, started and will continue to expand this feature.

It is late in the version 3.3 cycle to add this as that version is stable and in bug fix only mode but now that work on version 4.0 has started, this is something that will be added to the roadmap and implemented after the critical tickets (new API, Django 2.2) are closed.

Thanks for the bringing attention to this, it is a very good idea and something that will bring much benefit for everybody.

happyquark

Post by happyquark »

I've been monitoring the project very closely for this and it seems it has landed!

https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edm ... 63724a8590

I'm trying to build a dev package to test this and provide feedback but from the code alone it seems that the method selection is open ended. This has the potential to also support WebDAV and flow control methods!

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Post by rosarior »

Were you able to build the package and test this. I would like to have some feedback now that there is still time to make adjustments.

The instructions for building an installable package are here: https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/de ... eases.html