How to "Segregate" documents

Questions, comments, discussions. Over time certain topics might be moved to their own category.
GonzagueGB

How to "Segregate" documents

Post by GonzagueGB »

Hi everyone,

I am a bit at lost, first-time user here. I must be missing something, but I cannot segregate documents in order to make sure that certain documents can be access by some people and not everyone.

I created users, that belong to different group. Each Group belong to certain roles that have permissions. https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/permissions.html

I created Cabinets (but I cannot seems to lock these cabinets to a group)...

I am totally at lost even after reading this https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/acls.html

Whatever I am doing, wherever I put the document, everyone can see EVERYTHING... Help
GonzagueGB

Re: How to "Segregate" documents

Post by GonzagueGB »

Really, no one will even bother trying to put someone looking for help into the right path? :cry:
salomon.cruz

Post by salomon.cruz »

Hello GonzagueGB, for learn it, this topic helped me, the instructions of the reply of ricardo9020

viewtopic.php?t=1755
GonzagueGB

Post by GonzagueGB »

salomon.cruz wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:46 pm Hello GonzagueGB, for learn it, this topic helped me, the instructions of the reply of ricardo9020

viewtopic.php?t=1755
Thank you! It indeed helped a LOT. I have now basic structures where 3 Teams have their own Cabinets.

There still a few things that I need to sort out, like Sub Cabinets and Document types that could be confusing. If you do not mind, I may have questions again.

Note. I bought the book… Well, I am glad it support the projects, but it was not really helping. The whole concept of how things is managed for users, files and cabinet is really confusing. Pity as Mayan is really impressive once it is running nicely but cannot be easily integrated in any companies where there is no “Mayan” expert ready to help people. In My case I wanted to have it run in our Education Group, and have Staff and some teachers being able to handle things by themselves, but I will have to scrap this idea and have them to play in a closed playground.

Again, thanks, now I have the bare minimum running.
salomon.cruz

Post by salomon.cruz »

At the moment there is only access control over cabinets, not subcabinets, that is, if someone has permission to see a cabinet, they can see all its subcabinets, subcabinets cannot be restricted