Access to Signatures

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
schubisu

Access to Signatures

Post by schubisu »

I plan to make heavy use of digital signatures with mayan-edms. Currently, to add a detached signature to a document, I have
- open the document
- navigate to "Files"
- click "Actions"
- click "Signatures"
- click "create (detached) signature

This is well hidden, while the new feature "Signature captures" is visible directly on the sidebar. I can see that "Signatures" has been there in earlier versions (I'm running 4.3.1). Has there been a reason for removing it from the sidebar? Can we get it back?
schubisu

Re: Access to Signatures

Post by schubisu »

On a second note: Would it be possible to add some information to Signature details? I would love to see a "good signature" or "signature is valid" string if the signature can be verified.

And lastly: When I upload a secret key, it would be great to have the corresponding public key listed under public keys. Currently I cannot upload the public key separately; mayan will tell me that the "Key already exists".
michael
Developer
Developer

Re: Access to Signatures

Post by michael »

Hello,

The signatures app is due for a refactor. Because of this the signature app is unlikely to receive updates in the near term as these would be discarded during the refactor.

The upside is that most of the items you mention are planned and as well adding support for other types of cryptographic signatures beyond GPG.

Cheers!