Problem with "View document version" permission in versions 4.1.6, 4.2.10, 4.3.1 - UPDATED

When things don't work as they should.
qra
50 Posts
50 Posts

Problem with "View document version" permission in versions 4.1.6, 4.2.10, 4.3.1 - UPDATED

Post by qra »

Hello, I have a problem. When I assign ACL permissions ("View Documents", "View Document Versions") to a role for a document type, the user sees a preview of the document version pages. When I assign the same permissions to a specific document, user can sees the document but no images (pages, thumbnail, previews). The "Versions" button exists in the left sidebar on the "Document Preview: ..." page

Code: Select all

.../#/documents/documents/1319/preview/
and the version cards (without images) exist on the "Document Versions page: ..."

Code: Select all

.../#/documents/documents/1319/versions/
This indicates that permissions are assigned.

This only happens in one installation. Everything works fine on other installations. I don't know if this is a bug or a configuration problem. Do you have any idea what the cause is?

I don't see any error related to this in the logs.

BTW: The Rest API function "Document Version Page List" returns JSON with the attributes "image_url" and "url", but they don't work (they return a 404 error).

preview1.png
preview1.png (34.31 KiB) Viewed 120 times
preview2.png
preview2.png (40.3 KiB) Viewed 120 times
preview3.png
preview3.png (58.74 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Last edited by qra on Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qra
50 Posts
50 Posts

Re: Problem with "View document version" permission in versions 4.1.6, 4.2.10, 4.3.1 - UPDATED

Post by qra »

Hi. I have been testing this problem further and am convinced that a bug is causing it. Below are the steps to achieve this error.

1. Create the user "tester".
2. Create "Test group for documents" and "Test group for document types" groups.
3. Add the user "tester" to the above groups.
4. Create the roles "Test role for documents" and "Test role for document types".
5. Add the "Test role for documents" role to the "Test group for documents" group and the "Test role for document types" role to the "Test group for document types" group.
6. Create document types "Document type 1 (ACLs in doc. type)" and "Document type 2 (ACLs in documents)"
7. Add ACL for the role "Test role for document types" to the document type "Document type 1 (ACLs in doc. type)" (with permissions: "View documents", "View document files", "View document versions").
8. Add a document of type "Document type 1 (ACLs in doc. type)".
9. Add a document of type "Document type 2 (ACLs in documents)" and add to it an ACL for the role "Test role for documents" (with permissions: "View documents", "View document files", "View document versions").

10. Clear browser cache.
11. Log on to user "tester".
12. For a document of type "Document type 1 (ACLs in document type)", all page preview images are displayed, but for a document of type "Document type 2 (ACLs in documents)", page preview images aren't displayed.

13. Remove the user "tester" from the group "Test group for documents".
14. Clear your browser cache. Log on to user "tester" and go to the "All documents" page (../#/documents/documents/).
15. Document of type "Document type 2 (ACLs in documents)" is not displayed. The second document is displayed with all preview images.
previer_2-2.png
previer_2-2.png (72.33 KiB) Viewed 88 times

16. Remove the user "tester" from the "Test group for document types" group and add this user to the "Test group for documents"group.
17. Clear browser cache. Log on to user "tester" and go to the "All documents" page (../#/documents/documents/).
18. Document of type "Document type 1 (ACLs in doc. type)" is not displayed. The other document is displaing with all preview images.
previer_2-3.png
previer_2-3.png (46.23 KiB) Viewed 88 times

19. Add the user "tester" to the "Test group for document types" group.
20. Clear browser cache. Log on to user "tester" and go to the "All documents" page (../#/documents/documents/).
21. Both documents are displayed, but for document of type "Document type 2 (ACL in documents)", there are no images again.
previer_2-1.png
previer_2-1.png (79.07 KiB) Viewed 88 times
qra
50 Posts
50 Posts

Re: Problem with "View document version" permission in versions 4.1.6, 4.2.10, 4.3.1 - UPDATED

Post by qra »

Hi. I have tested another case. The user "tester" is assigned to one group "Test group for documents", this group is assigned to one role "Test role for documents". ACLs are created for document type "Document type 1 (ACLs in doc. type)" and for document of document type "Document type 2 (ACLs in documents)". The effect is the same, i.e. the "tester" user has access to both documents, but sees preview images only for one, the one with the permissions assigned via document type. The case described is the diagram "Case No. 4".

Diagram for the case described in the previous post (points 1-12 and 19-21)
preview_c1.png
preview_c1.png (76.95 KiB) Viewed 50 times

Diagram for the case described in the previous post (points 13-15)
preview_c2.png
preview_c2.png (72.03 KiB) Viewed 50 times

Diagram for the case described in the previous post (points 16-18)
preview_c3.png
preview_c3.png (72.76 KiB) Viewed 50 times

Diagram for the case described in this post.
preview_c4.png
preview_c4.png (77.3 KiB) Viewed 50 times