Email Issues

When things doesn't work as they should.
FlightdeckRob

Email Issues

Post by FlightdeckRob » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi,

Just trying out Mayan EDMS and everything went great until I tried to setup the email system.

I'm not getting any errors in the mail log but none of the usual ports work. 465 with SSL and 587 with TLS just "send" the message but I never get it. Port 25 with no encryption just causes Mayan to hang for about 10 minutes and then report that an email has been sent to the admin with details about the issue (but since email is broken it obviously never sends).

I know our email provider has disabled STARTTLS and required auth plain to connect but that's not an option I can find.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Rob

FlightdeckRob

Re: Email Issues

Post by FlightdeckRob » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:04 pm

I'll answer my own question.

The issue seems to be that I didn't enter all of the information twice... once in the Mailing Profiles and once in the Settings menu under Django. If you only do one of those two things email doesn't seem to work and I didn't get a single error message in the mail error logs.

rosarior

Re: Email Issues

Post by rosarior » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi,

The mailing system in Django only allows for one setup. This is usually done with a custom Python setting file. This email setup will be available for all users as Django doesn't support role based access control. In Mayan we implemented our own email system called Mailing Profiles. We use the default Django email setting for system emails like password resets and the Mailing Profiles are used for application emails like sending a document. Our Mailing Profiles has access control and you can use different backends. You can also restrict the Mailing Profiles per user role. Another things we added if the ability to configuring the system email setup from the UI.