Can't Access Documents After Upgrade to 4.0

When things don't work as they should.
ammar

Can't Access Documents After Upgrade to 4.0

Post by ammar »

Hello,

I completed the upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0. The upgrade went smoothly without error messaged. The system is working on the new version except that the documents cannot be accessed. mayan-worker-fast-stderr shows the following error message:

mayan.apps.file_caching.models.CachePartitionFile.DoesNotExist: CachePartitionFile matching query does not exist.

I checked the cache and media directories and the files are there. I also purged the caches, but the issue persists.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you.
crypta

Re: Can't Access Documents After Upgrade to 4.0

Post by crypta »

Same here.
tholmes

Post by tholmes »

I am also seeing this error. I upgraded my container (and manually upgraded the database) running with Docker.

Following the line

Code: Select all

mayan.apps.file_caching.models.CachePartitionFile.DoesNotExist: CachePartitionFile matching query does not exist.
I also see this line:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/mayan/document_file_storage/ca3a722b-2982-4d96-ae31-fdcdd74a88d9'
However, when connected to bash in my container, this file exists:

root@d69ac21a0774:/# ls -al /var/lib/mayan/document_storage | grep ca3a
-rw-rw-r--+ 1 mayan mayan  197452 Apr 30 15:41 ca3a722b-2982-4d96-ae31-fdcdd74a88d9
But note "document_file_storage" vs "document_storage". This feels like maybe something was missed in the upgrade process documentation? Or was supposed to be automatic?

Edit: I just did a rename to "document_file_storage" and documents are back, visible, with neither the CachePartitionFile nor FileNotFoundError errors in the Mayan logs.
Obelix1981

Post by Obelix1981 »

Hello everybody,
I also have the problem that the upgrade process does not run properly and I suspect that the current instructions are incomplete or contain small errors.

I use EDMS as a direct installation and the upgrade process up to version 3.5.8 went perfectly and then I was able to see all the documents.

So far I have been using the published documentation, as shown in the attached file.

The arrows show the way I used to upgrade.

The documentation for the upgrade process to version 4.0 shows commands that cause me errors:

"Update the Redis configuration to keep 3 databases:

Replace:

databases 2

with:

databases 3 "

In my redis.conf there is the entry "databases 16" What should i do?

"Edit the config file at /opt/mayan-edms/media//config.yml:

Replace:

MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND = "redis: // ..."
MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS = ...

with:

MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND = "mayan.apps.lock_manager.backends.redis_lock.RedisLock"
MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS = "{'redis_url': 'redis: //: mayanredispassword@172.17.0.1: 6379"

does not exist in my config.yml.

There is the entry: "LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND: mayan.apps.lock_manager.backends.file_lock.FileLock" and "LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS: {}" What do I have to do here?

Can someone help me please?

thx
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-20 um 21.40.39.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-20 um 21.40.39.png (220.66 KiB) Viewed 278 times
michael
Developer
Developer

Post by michael »

Hello:
"Update the Redis configuration to keep 3 databases:

Replace:

databases 2

with:

databases 3

In my redis.conf there is the entry "databases 16" What should i do?
This means you missed an upgrade from a previous installation. Redis must serve at least 3 databases. If your setting has 16 (Redis default) that will work too but you might waste a bit of memory on 13 other database that are not going to be used. Set the value to 3.
"Edit the config file at /opt/mayan-edms/media//config.yml:

Replace:

with:

MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND = "mayan.apps.lock_manager.backends.redis_lock.RedisLock"
MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS = "{'redis_url': 'redis: //: mayanredispassword@172.17.0.1: 6379"

does not exist in my config.yml.

There is the entry: "LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND: mayan.apps.lock_manager.backends.file_lock.FileLock" and "LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS: {}" What do I have to do here?
This typo was fixed but does not show yet on the documentation until a new build is triggered. It now reads:

Replace:

LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND = "..."
LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS = "..."

with:

LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND = "mayan.apps.lock_manager.backends.redis_lock.RedisLock"
LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS = "{'redis_url': 'redis: //: mayanredispassword@172.17.0.1: 6379"

Perform those two changes and let us know how it went.

Cheers!
Obelix1981

Post by Obelix1981 »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

i tested the following:
check the current versions:
- Mayan-EDMS = 3.5.8
- Redis-Server = 5.0.7
- psycopq2 = 2.8.4

then i do this:
#sudo systemctl stop supervisor
#sudo -u mayan /opt/mayan-edms/bin/pip install -U pip (upgrade from 21.1.1 to 21.1.2)
#sudo cp /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mayan-edms.conf /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mayan-edms.conf.bck
#sudo -u mayan /opt/mayan-edms/bin/pip install redis==3.5.3 psycopg2==2.8.6
#echo "requirepass mayanredispassword" | sudo tee -a /etc/redis/redis.conf
#echo "databases 3" | sudo tee -a /etc/redis/redis.conf
#echo "maxmemory-policy allkeys-lru" | sudo tee -a /etc/redis/redis.conf
#sudo systemctl restart redis
#sudo -u mayan curl https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edm ... movals.txt -o /tmp/removals.txt && sudo -u mayan /opt/mayan-edms/bin/pip uninstall -y -r /tmp/removals.txt
#sudo -u mayan /opt/mayan-edms/bin/pip install mayan-edms==4.0.1
#sudo -u mayan mkdir /opt/mayan-edms/media/user_settings
#sudo -u mayan mkdir --parents /opt/mayan-edms/media/
#sudo -u mayan touch /opt/mayan-edms/media/__init__.py
#sudo nano /opt/mayan-edms/media/config.yml
Replace:
with:
MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND: mayan.apps.lock_manager.backends.redis_lock.RedisLock
MAYAN_LOCK_MANAGER_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS= {'redis_url':'redis://:mayanredispassword@127.0.0.1:6379/2'}

In my case it was important to leave out the quotation marks (") and to set the IP address of the Redis server to the correct IP address.
#sudo -u mayan MAYAN_MEDIA_ROOT=/opt/mayan-edms/media/ /opt/mayan-edms/bin/mayan-edms.py performupgrade
#sudo systemctl start supervisor

Open my Firefoxbrowser http://ip-server:8000 an login with my credetials

All Documents flaged with an red X and i can´t access the documents... :(

ok next:

#sudo systemctl stop supervisor
#sudo nano /etc/supervisor/conf.d/mayan-edms.conf
check all entries... -> ok close nano
#sudo nano /opt/mayan-edms/media/config.yml
Replace these entries:
DOCUMENTS_CACHE_STORAGE_BACKEND -> DOCUMENTS_FILE_PAGE_IMAGE_CACHE_STORAGE_BACKEND
DOCUMENTS_CACHE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS -> DOCUMENTS_FILE_PAGE_IMAGE_CACHE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS
DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND -> DOCUMENTS_FILE_STORAGE_BACKEND
DOCUMENTS_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS -> DOCUMENTS_FILE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS
Check DOCUMENTS_FILE_PAGE_IMAGE_CACHE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS in my case location: /opt/mayan-edms/media/document_file_page_image_cache
check DOCUMENTS_FILE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS in my case location: /opt/mayan-edms/media/document_file_storage
#sudo mv document_cache document_file_page_image_cache
#sudo mv document_storage document_file_storage
as a precaution #sudo reboot
Open my Firefoxbrowser http://ip-server:8000 an login with my credetials
All Documents also flaged with an red X and i can´t access the documents... :(
ok next:
check in mayan-edms under "SYSTEM" -> "FACILITY" -> "SETTINGS" -> "DOCUMENTS" the entries: DOCUMENTS_FILE_PAGE_IMAGE_CACHE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS and DOCUMENTS_FILE_STORAGE_BACKEND_ARGUMENTS
In my case the entries not correct, i don´t know why... ok i type the correct locations in these entries.
ok as a precaution #sudo systemctl restart supervisor
close firefoxbrowser and reopen with my edms url and logged in with my credentials...

And now i see all my documents correctly... and can access to this... perfect... i am so happy... :) :)

But after upgrading, I see a translation error. Since I use EDMS in German, the entry "Recently created" on the left navigation bar is not translated into German. Can I enter this manually somewhere? And what I also noticed: the left navigation bar becomes independent and automatically switches to the "folded version".
Attachments
navleiste2.PNG
navleiste2.PNG (10.48 KiB) Viewed 231 times
navleiste1.PNG
navleiste1.PNG (16.71 KiB) Viewed 231 times
bwakkie

Post by bwakkie »

Had the same problem!
I have a direct install and my media folder and mayan are in non standard places e.g.:

/data/mayan/media/..
/data/mayan/media/static/..
/data/mayan37/lib/python3.7/site-packages/...
/data/mayan38/lib/python3.8/site-packages/...
/data/mayan39/lib/python3.9/site-packages/...

I only needed to ...

mv document_cache document_file_page_image_cache
mv document_storage document_file_storage

... in the media folder.

thanks @Obelix1981
gytoth67

Post by gytoth67 »

Yes, this solution works for me as well:
mv document_cache document_file_page_image_cache
mv document_storage document_file_storage
Thank you!
Bastian

Post by Bastian »

Hi @all

thanks for the tip.
Renaming the two folders solved the problem for me as well.

Best regards
Bastian
michael
Developer
Developer

Post by michael »

But after upgrading, I see a translation error. Since I use EDMS in German, the entry "Recently created" on the left navigation bar is not translated into German. Can I enter this manually somewhere? And what I also noticed: the left navigation bar becomes independent and automatically switches to the "folded version".
You can submit the missing translations via Mayan's project at Transifex. => https://www.transifex.com/rosarior/mayan-edms/
It is free to join. Just create an account and join the German team. We have registered a Google Translate API key which will help by giving you an initial translation that then you can tweak.

More detail about this in the documentation chapter => https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/de ... tions.html