"Launch all workflows" purpose

When things doesn't work as they should.
daniel1113

"Launch all workflows" purpose

Post by daniel1113 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:45 pm

I was hoping someone could explain what the "Launch all workflows" tool does. The feature appears to be the result of this question:

https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/355

My interpretation is that when run, the "Launch all workflows" tool should apply the workflow to documents that existed before the workflow was originally created. I've tried doing just that, but running the tool doesn't appear to change anything. The old documents do not get added to the newly created workflow. So perhaps I am misunderstanding what it should be doing. Thanks.

rosarior

Re: "Launch all workflows" purpose

Post by rosarior » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:33 am

Yes, that is the correct interpretation for the purpose of the tool. If that is not working could be a document type association or an actual issue with the code. I've tagged it for investigation.

daniel1113

Post by daniel1113 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:31 pm

I've verified that the correct document type is assigned to the workflow (and indeed the workflow is running for documents uploaded after the workflow was created), so I suspect there may be a code issue. Thanks, Roberto.

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:22 pm

Thank you for reporting this. It's been added to our work list for the next version currently in development.