Wrong statement concerning "change document type" in Post 'Workflow Concepts Introduction by rssfed23'

When things don't work as they should.
develissimo

Wrong statement concerning "change document type" in Post 'Workflow Concepts Introduction by rssfed23'

Post by develissimo »

Hi folks,

on 13th.January.2020 user and Global Moderator @rssfed23 wrote in his tutorial about *Workflow terminology*:
When the metadata value of "Paid" is added to any document of the type "Pending Invoice", change the document type to "Paid Invoice", add a tag with the value of "Paid" and add today's date to the Documents metadata with a metadata label "Date Invoice Paid"
Link location of referenced text viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1608&p=3075&hilit= ... type#p3075

Some months before this post core developer rosarior wrote here Link: viewtopic.php?t=948, about 'Workflow to change document type' that this is work in progress.

Today 26th.Dec.2020 I tried with Mayan-EDMS Version 3.5.4 (docker-Image) to produce a scenario explained by rssfed23 in his mentioned post.
For test and Mayan-EDMS evaluation purposes I tried to achieve to change document type in an action during workflow state change.
This should be possible to achieve with Mayan-EDMS Workflow.

But after my today's trial and error, I could not succeed changing document type in a workflow.
Is this still a missing feature?
Did I interpret rssfed23's post wrong?
Or is the given information missleading/wrong?

Thanks for clarification.

Kind regards,
Raphael

Docker-Image Mayan-EDMS Version 3.5.4 - Test-Setup
docker-image Mayan-EDMS Version 3.5.4
Evaluation setup