Mail issue

When things don't work as they should.
mpleam

Mail issue

Post by mpleam »

Hi

I have just finished a new deployed install of Mayan on an Ubuntu 18.04 server. Everything works as it should, except sending mail (either password reset or file notification emails) just doesnt send anything.

The server is using sendmail as the MTA, and this is working correctly (I have another web based app on the server that works fine when sending mail, and it also works from CLI). I cannot see how to configure Mayan to actually send mail - could anyone give me some pointers? I don't recall having to do anything specific when I did the install on a Debian 10 server (and the emails all sent correctly on that one).

I'm no Linux / server expert, so any assistance you could offer would be much appreciated.

Mark

mpleam

Re: Mail issue

Post by mpleam »

Hi again

I am even more confused now!

I set up a mailing profile (called 'email') and this is the default mailing profile. After creating the profile, I clicked the 'Test' button, and....it sent a test email!

I then went to try sending a document link - system says that the action completed, but no emailis ever received. Same with the password reset email, it seems to work correctly but is never received. Does Django use a port other than 25 for sending emails? Maybe my firewall is blocking it?

Clutching at straws now, but this is really hampering me being able to start using the EDMS. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mark

kozmi

Re: Mail issue

Post by kozmi »

Hello !
Try to use gmail as SMTP and IMAP.
In case they work ok then you have problem with your email server.
Check also any error presence in mail logs.

Cheers!