Exception caught […] type object 'Source' has no attribute 'source_type'

When things don't work as they should.
Heinzelchen

Exception caught […] type object 'Source' has no attribute 'source_type'

Post by Heinzelchen »

Hello everyone!

I installed my Mayan EDMS a week ago and could successfully test it a bit with documents uploaded via web form or staging folder. I now tried to really upload a lot of documents at once and now get an error when trying to access the „Add document“-view:
There's been an unexpected error.

What to do next?
Refresh the page.
Wait a bit. The system might be overloaded.
Contact your system administrator.
Check the logs for messages with the tags "ERROR", "CRITITCAL" or "FATAL".
Open a ticket using the issue tracker.
When accessing another page it displays to me the message that I should first create a new interactive document source. When accessing the admin-interface of it, I only get the same error. Checking the logs, theres written:

Code: Select all

mayan.apps.common.middleware.error_logging <300> [ERROR] "process_exception() line 17 Exception caught by request middleware; <WSGIRequest: GET '/sources/sources/'>, type object 'Source' has no attribute 'source_type'"
The only thing that changed from my last successful tests was an upgrade from 3.3.x to 3.4.x. I use a docker-installation on windows. Is there anything I could check?

Thanks in advance for your kind help or ideas!

eriggs
Developer
Developer

Re: Exception caught […] type object 'Source' has no attribute 'source_type'

Post by eriggs »

Don't use the Django admin interface, that is for direct database manipulation only and the cause of the error. Delete the source and create it from Mayan's system menu.

Heinzelchen

Re: Exception caught […] type object 'Source' has no attribute 'source_type'

Post by Heinzelchen »

I didn't use it actually. I don't recall how I should have modified the database. I remember that I loaded an old backup for the postgresql-database, but that shouldn't do any harm, should it?