Problem with sqlite installation

When things don't work as they should.
MBerlin

Problem with sqlite installation

Post by MBerlin »

Hi

I already described my problems with a postgres based installation and a mysql based installation here (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1800) and here (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1810).

So, here comes my next attempt. This time I tried the setup without any database settings and it reverted to sqlite (not minding that it should not be used for production).

But this is the result.

Code: Select all

File "/path/to/mayan-edms/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/schema.py", line 89, in alter_db_table
    raise NotSupportedError((
django.db.utils.NotSupportedError: Renaming the 'events_eventtype' table while in a transaction is not supported on SQLite < 3.26 because it would break referential integrity. Try adding `atomic = False` to the Migration class.
So, not even this is an option. I would really appreciate any help regarding all these database issues, because I am left without a clue how to finally install Mayan EDMS.
franco
Developer
Developer

Re: Problem with sqlite installation

Post by franco »

This is not a problem with Mayan. This is exactly the reason SQLite is not recommended, it is missing features that Mayan needs. That is what the error message is saying: SQLite doesn't support

Your other posts about MySQL and PostgreSQL boil down to the same cause, a communication problem between Mayan and the database. Spamming the forum won't make people answer faster.

Don't attempt to install Mayan on other boards or devices which are not supported.

Install Mayan using the recommended methods and operating systems. Once you get a successful installation then attempt to install it in your NAS equipment. The team and the community are here can help with Mayan issues but unless you provide more information about your NAS make and model, and someone else happens to have the same NAS and was able to install Mayan on it, then they might be able to help. You can't expect the Mayan team to be experts on every single possible hardware installation method.
I would still appreciate help.
This is a community forum. If you need a response in a timely manner consider a paid support plan: https://www.mayan-edms.com/support/
MBerlin

Post by MBerlin »

Dear franco

Thanks for your reply.

I was not intending to spam the forum, therefore I separated the different database problems into multiple threads in order to separate them clearly.

I am no developer, but just a normal user. I saw a recommendation for Mayan and did not expect the installation to lead to so many problems. Indeed I was really glad that I had my chroot on my NAS (Synology DS213j, armel architecture) and thought that this would be much easier. I also did not know that the installation problems could be connected to the type of device I use. I just thought that I have a working debian stretch and that's it, because I also have other services running including those which rely on mysql/mariadb. You may be absolutely right, but still I do not know what this db connection problem with an existing and functioning db can have to do with the device on which the chroot is running.

Lastly, I was not trying to speed up things by posting several threads (see my first remark). Quite contrary I even deleted posts which became obsolete over time. But - and I think this might be comprehensible - everyone is glad if he/she gets help when he/she is stuck. I have now invested almost three days just in order to install Mayan. I really tried everything I could think of, given my limited knowledge. Perhaps you can understand that I hope my efforts were not in vain.

Best regards
MBerlin

Post by MBerlin »

I solved my problem with postgresql (see other thread). Therefore I do not need help anymore with the sqlite problem.