Problem with mysql/mariadb installation

When things don't work as they should.
MBerlin

Problem with mysql/mariadb installation

Post by MBerlin »

First of all, I would so much love to try out Mayan, but I am still stuck with the initialsetup step. I already described my problems with the postgresql setup here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1800

But as I do not know what to do, I also tried different approaches. Here I will cover my attempt to get it running with mysql.

So I tried

Code: Select all

MAYAN_DATABASES="{'default':{'ENGINE':'django.db.backends.mysql','NAME':'mayan','PASSWORD':'THE_PWD_I_ENTERED_IN_PHPMYSQL','USER':'mayan','HOST':'127.0.0.1'}}" MAYAN_MEDIA_ROOT=/path/to/my/media/dir/ /path/to/mayan-edms/bin/mayan-edms.py initialsetup
But it only leads to:

File "/path/to/mayan-edms/lib/python3.8/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 179, in __init__
    super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: (2003, 'Can\'t connect to MySQL server on \'127.0.0.1\' (111 "Connection refused")')
I get the same result when I enter the IP of my NAS instead of 127.0.0.1.

If instead use localhost, I get this:

File "/path/to/mayan-edms/lib/python3.8/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 179, in __init__
    super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: (2002, 'Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock\' (2 "No such file or directory")')
Is there any guideline how to install with my mysql/mariadb?

MBerlin

Re: Problem with mysql/mariadb installation

Post by MBerlin »

This issue has not been solved, but I found a way to use postgresql.

@board team: I do not know if there is a function to close this thread.