Upgrade v3.2.9 -> v3.4

When things don't work as they should.
michael_claassen

Upgrade v3.2.9 -> v3.4

Post by michael_claassen »

Hi,
I'm running two docker container (mayan-edms & mayan-edms-postgres) with local storages
for database (/docker-volumes/mayan-edms/postgres)
and document storage (/docker-volumes/mayan-edms/media)

To upgrade the installation from 3.2.9 to 3.4 I do the following steps:
  • docker pull of latest image mayan-edms
  • docker stop mayan-edms
  • docker rm mayan-edms
  • docker run -d --name mayan-edms --network=mayan_nw --restart=always -p 8084:8000 -e MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINE=django.db.backends.postgresql -e MAYAN_DATABASE_HOST=mayan-edms-postgres -e MAYAN_DATABASE_NAME=mayan_DB -e MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORD=DBpw -e MAYAN_DATABASE_USER=user -e MAYAN_DATABASE_CONN_MAX_AGE=0 -v /docker-volumes/mayan-edms/media:/var/lib/mayan mayanedms/mayanedms:latest
After accessing the MayanEDMS 3.4 I have all DB Data but cannot access the documents, as the document storage seems that it does not work.

Is there something wong at my approach to upgrade?

Kind regards,
Michael

gtrot

Re: Upgrade v3.2.9 -> v3.4

Post by gtrot »

Hi,
Reading your message, it seems to miss the stage of deployment of the container for Redis. There have been changes at this level since a few versions.
I suggest reading the documentation on this.
The Redis container will have two databases, one for background task messages, and the other to hold the results of those background tasks.
More at : https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/do ... er-install

I would also try using the full tag when pulling the image :
...v /docker-volumes/mayan-edms/media:/var/lib/mayan mayanedms/mayanedms:3.4.1
Regards, G

michael_claassen

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
You're right the redis contaier wasn't deployed and I did it again with the redis.
Now I've got three containers running in my environment:

Code: Select all

$ docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                       COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
9f7ca343779d        mayanedms/mayanedms:3.4.1   "entrypoint.sh run_a…"   5 seconds ago       Up 4 seconds        0.0.0.0:8081->8000/tcp   mayan-edms
c8273189c12c        redis:5.0-alpine            "docker-entrypoint.s…"   6 minutes ago       Up 6 minutes        0.0.0.0:6379->6379/tcp   mayan-edms-redis
81d7eec54895        postgres:9.6-alpine         "docker-entrypoint.s…"   7 minutes ago       Up 7 minutes        5432/tcp                 mayan-edms-postgres
So everything seems to run smooth now.
Accessing the Mayan GUI everything works and my documents are still here. Now I also got the previews and documents accessed, so we are a step further.
The only things that seems no longer available are the metadata for the existing documents, cannot search anything in the DB.

Any suggestions on that?

Kind regards,
Michael

franco
Developer
Developer

Post by franco »

Update to 3.4.3 (the latest version as of today), the search search was fixed.

michael_claassen

Perfect :D
Everything is working as expected after upgrading to v3.4.3!

Many thanks for this great help!