Error - Thumbnail Generation on Staging

When things don't work as they should.
Armorer1984

Error - Thumbnail Generation on Staging

Post by Armorer1984 »

Hi all,

I am in the midst of setting up Mayan for a local nonprofit org which I happen to sit on the board of directors.

Everything is working fine as I installed the MayanEDMS Turnkey Linux container on the system and have mounted the directory that contains their scanned PDF's. I have that directory set as a staging folder in Mayan and upon upload I am having an issue with the thumbnail generation for preview. As you can see from the attachment, the files and file properties are read without a problem. Also, Mayan is able to upload from the directory and remove files from it, so the permissions seem to be set correctly for Mayan to have RW access to those files.
Annotation 2020-03-18 071339.jpg
Annotation 2020-03-18 071339.jpg (110.95 KiB) Viewed 53 times
After upload, the thumbnails generate just fine and the system functions perfectly. Thoughts on what might be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

rssfed23

Re: Error - Thumbnail Generation on Staging

Post by rssfed23 »

We do not support the Mayan Turnkey Container here.

The version of mayan you've deployed there is very very old.

We highly recommend you use the latest version of the official Mayan EDMS containers. Instructions can be found in our official documentation.

We'll be able to help you more effectively then, as there are hundreds if not thousands of bugs fixed since the last Turnkey release, plus a LOT of security fixes as well.

To be clear though: the Mayan EDMS team has no control over the TurnKey Linux distributions (all of the container, VM and AWS images). We have no way to update those images and no control over them they're made entirely by a third party with no support or endorsement from ourselves. If they were to keep their images up to date with our latest stable versions this would be a different conversation entirely.

You may be able to get help on the Turnkey forums or their discord channel, but this would not be from anyone on the Mayan team.

Sorry you've ended up in this situation as well - where Mayan has been around and growing for a long time now there's a lot of links to outdated or third party versions of it scattered on the internet so it's easy to find yourself following an old tutorial or link to third party products. This is in no way your fault, and I wish there was more we as a project could do about it, but sadly it's entirely on TurnKey Linux to update their images or replace them with our official ones (which have many benefits over theirs and allow you to take advantage of nearly 2 years of Mayan development not available in those images).
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.