Error Upgrading from 3.3.6 to 3.3.9

When things don't work as they should.
benaser

Error Upgrading from 3.3.6 to 3.3.9

Post by benaser »

Hi,

I am running Mayan in docker and when I tried to upgrade from 3.3.6 to 3.3.9 I got this error from the log:

Running migrations:,
CommandError: Error during pre_upgrade signal: could not create unique index "file_metadata_storeddriver_driver_path_d3d461e4_uniq",
DETAIL: Key (driver_path)=(mayan.apps.file_metadata.drivers.exiftool.EXIFToolDriver) is duplicated.,
, <class 'django.db.utils.IntegrityError'>,

What could be the problem?

Thanks

rssfed23

Re: Error Upgrading from 3.3.6 to 3.3.9

Post by rssfed23 »

I *think* It's indicating that when it's about to do the migration/upgrade on the database schema that there's a conflict as that entry already exists.

Have you ever manually run any migrations at all or changed the database in any way?

We may need some assistance from the development team to help diagnose. As such, I've created https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/762 which I recommend you follow as updates will be provided there.
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.

benaser

Post by benaser »

Thanks for the reply.

No i haven't done any manual migrations or changed the database, i just did the upgrade using docker compose.

I didn't have any problems when upgrading from 3.3.5 to 3.3.6. I just did fresh install on 3.3.7 and uploaded identical data and upgraded to 3.3.9 without any problem.

rssfed23

Post by rssfed23 »

Thanks for getting back to me. In the interim if you check the gitlab issue I linked you'll see the developers already identified it as relating to an existing known bug expressing itself in a slightly different way. It will be fixed in the next bugfix release.

I'm glad you got upgraded to 3.3.9 in the end successfully.
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.