REDIS Container always restart...

When things don't work as they should.
Brudertac

REDIS Container always restart...

Post by Brudertac »

Hi there,

after Upgrading Mayan to the latest Version i realized that i have to install the REDIS Container on my Docker Setup...
So i do this like it is described but the Container always restarts itself....

Log Files show this Error:
Fatal error loading the DB: Permission denied. Exiting.
I know that on Synology Docker Setup i have to provide UID and GUID Parameters to the Docker Container so that it can access the Folder where the Data is stored. On the REDIS Container this Parameters are Missing...

Is there a way to include this? Maybe i am totally wrong and the Problem is another....

Thanks for Help on this.

best Regards
Brudertac

rssfed23

Re: REDIS Container always restart...

Post by rssfed23 »

You're not running Redis with volumes mounted inside of it are you? We need to mount the mayan folders into the mayan container (with -v) because it needs persistent storage but the redis container doesn't need persistent storage.

You can also run the container in privileged mode which should work around the permissions issues.

I don't know if the redis container supports running as a specific user like the Mayan one does (we don't produce it) it's not mentioned on their docker hub page https://hub.docker.com/_/redis so I assume potentially not. You can always try passing in the UID and GUID like you do on the Mayan one it might work but it also might not.

Bitnami make a redis container that DOES definitely support running as a specific user. You can swap out the two containers making sure you've adjusted any environment variables the upstream redis one uses but the bitnami one does not and vice versa: https://hub.docker.com/r/bitnami/redis/
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.

Brudertac

Post by Brudertac »

Thanks for your fast Reply,

i only use this Line for REDIS and i believe this the Problem Folder...
-v /volume1/MayanEDMS/redis:/data \
Is that one needed or not?

Thanks!

----------------------
EDIT: Can answer this by myself. It is not needed. I removed the Volume and REDIS is running fine.
I would suggest you Update the Docker Install Dokuments because it is mentioned there https://docs.mayan-edms.com/chapters/do ... imple.html....

rssfed23

Post by rssfed23 »

No; it's not strictly needed - docker will put any data into a tempoary overlay volume instead which will do just fine for the purpose of Mayan. Mayan reconfigures redis when a new version of the container is launched anyway so unless you're making custom changes to redis there's no need to persist the config folder. It will stop your permissions issue anyway.
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.