Issues with sending documents or links to documents

When things doesn't work as they should.
KevinPawsey

Issues with sending documents or links to documents

Post by KevinPawsey » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi,

I have an issue at the moment with my 'new' built server, and that is emails... I never got it to work with the Rock64, but then I didn't really put much effort into trying to get that to work.

I am running in Docker, and the latest version of EDMS (3.1.9 at the moment).

I have the mailing profile setup (I think) correctly, but no emails seem to ever leave, and I am seeing nothing in the logs (docker logs from doing "docker logs -f mayan-edms").

Is email a working function... I would be surprised if it isn't, as it is a very useful tool. Is there a log file that I can check somewhere to see what is going on?

Anyway, if anyone else has had issues with getting to email to work, let me know.

Kevin

note: I have just read another post about email issues, and I didn't realise that there is another place where you can setup email settings... I will give this a go... but from my understanding of the reply to that post, the Mailing Profiles should be the things that deal with emailing out documents.

rosarior

Re: Issues with sending documents or links to documents

Post by rosarior » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:12 am

There are two places email need to be setup depending on what you need to email. For password reset email the administrative email needs to be setup. This is done at the installation/operations level using the settings options or environment variables. For sending email as links or as attachments from the application, at least one mailing profile needs to be setup. These can be added in the Setup menu. Each mailing profiles provide their own log.

https://docs.mayan-edms.com/topics/admi ... ive-emails
https://docs.mayan-edms.com/topics/coll ... -documents

KevinPawsey

Re: Issues with sending documents or links to documents

Post by KevinPawsey » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:38 am

OK, I have made sure that it is configured in both places... my config.yml file was indeed lacking the email configuration (despite having configured it via the "settings" part of the web interface). I have used nano and configured this now, but the password reset is still not working.

Also I have configured the Mailing Profile, and I am not able to send links or documents still.

Is there a separate log file that I can check for the mailing profiles, as it is not showing anything in the web interface if I go to mailing profiles/logs.

Thanks

Kevin