MySQL Error 1235 on clicking Recently Added documents

When things don't work as they should.
maathieu

MySQL Error 1235 on clicking Recently Added documents

Post by maathieu »

Hello,

On the documentation it is written:
PostgreSQL vs. MySQL

Since Django abstracts database operations from a functional point of view Mayan EDMS will behave exactly the same either way. The only concern would be that MySQL doesn’t support transactions for schema modifying commands. The only moment this could cause problems is when running South migrations during upgrades, if a migration fails the database structure is left in a transitory state and has to be reverted manually before trying again.
So I decided to run Mayan with the MySQL 8.0.16 instance I have on my box.

Everything runs well indeed except I get this error when clicking on "Recently Added documents":

Code: Select all

Error retrieving document list: (1235, "This version of MySQL doesn't yet support 'LIMIT & IN/ALL/ANY/SOME subquery'").
Is it possible to update the documentation to state that Mayan will not fully work with MySQL, then?

Many thanks in advance,

rssfed23

Re: MySQL Error 1235 on clicking Recently Added documents

Post by rssfed23 »

Mayan *should* work okay with mysql even though Postgresql is preferred (we do test mysql as a supported backend and explicitly test on mysql:8.0.3). Mayan is using a generic database connector that handles the DB side of things and should make no difference to the end user. However, recent documents is known to not work with the mysql backend: https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/627

For my own personal curiosity; you're using the docker version if I recall. Is there a specific reason your using mysql over postgres?
Last edited by rssfed23 on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed link to the non-duplicate bug report
Please bear with us during the current global situation. The team all have families and local communities to look after as well as the community here. Responses may be delayed during this time, but rest assured we will get to your query eventually.

maathieu

Re: MySQL Error 1235 on clicking Recently Added documents

Post by maathieu »

Hi,

I just had a MySQL instance already installed on my machine for other purposes. I thought I wouldn't burden the poor thing with 2 database engines running at the same time :D