AutoCad Viewer

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
tbar21

AutoCad Viewer

Post by tbar21 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:24 pm

I support a firm that depends on AutoCad. I was looking to see if an AutoCad viewer could be incorporated into E-DMS. If I could view the RAW DWG files it would save not having to convert to PDF then importing.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

tlbar21
Last edited by tbar21 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]Mr. Tracy Barbour[/b]
IT System Administrator
PA Transformer Technology Inc

rosarior

Re: AutoCad Viewer

Post by rosarior » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:37 am

Thank for the request!

We had this request in the past, it was not added because we have not yet been able to find a DWG/DXF to image or PDF converter that we can add to Mayan's converter system. We would need an executable or a Python library to be able to add this feature. LX viewer is a candidate we will be testing and research if there are Python bindings for the OpenDWG library. If these attempts fail, support DWG we will not be able to add the support.

tbar21

Post by tbar21 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Thank you for the insight, this is the viewer version I am currently using to do the DWG to PDF conversion.

DWG TrueView (TM)
Product version Q.48.0.0

Regards,
tlbar21
[b]Mr. Tracy Barbour[/b]
IT System Administrator
PA Transformer Technology Inc

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:26 pm

It seems that while DWG TrueView is available free of charge, it is a propietary product and only available for Windows. We can't use this to add support for DWG/DXF files. We would need a free open source tool, whether a binary or a library we can call from Python.