document separator page

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
koen

document separator page

Post by koen » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 pm

I would like to scan multiple documents using page separators
So far i did not find an option or workaround to do so in Mayan? Or is it possible to setup the following in a workflow:

Scanning multiple documents in one go with a sheetfeeder, seperated by special paper sheets (with tags even, leading to different document type imports and different workflows) with option to cut out the seperator page when desired.

I suppose this is not yet possible with currently available workflows

KevinPawsey

Re: document separator page

Post by KevinPawsey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Quite like this idea... never thought of doing that way of scanning documents... not that I can think of a way of automating all that you have said.

I use the Mayan Staging folder as my method of importing the documents, so at least this might help to remind me what the document is and where it needs filing (maybe a template word document with the relevant information on it?)... anyway, would be interested in finding out if anyone else has any success with this.

As for something that might help with manipulating/importing the information on the cover page, there is an add-on called Document Analyzer that might help... there is documentation on how to get it working (will dig out the address for it if you need), and that can use OCR to match for different things... might help?

Kevin
Running Mayan-EDMS on: OpenMediaVault, (Docker plugin), on x86 dual-core