Index permalinks

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
pitefob

Index permalinks

Post by pitefob »

Hi all, new user evaluating Mayan. I know that Mayan provides smart links which link Mayan to an external system, but how can I link to a set of documents in Mayan from an external system? Any kind of permalink to an index or tag would solve my needs. I have added an asset tag as metadata in Mayan, and set up an index, so within Mayan I can see all the documents belonging to an asset. However, the problem is that none of the urls generated by Mayan reference that asset in a predictable fashion. Eg, for an asset tag 20, the Mayan URL is indexing/instances/nodes/11. I saw https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/-/issues/434, which references making index urls permanent, but not much else.

Not sure if this is a feature request, or if I've missed existing functionality, so please move the thread if it's in the wrong board.

Any ideas how this can be accomplished?
rosarior
Developer
Developer

Re: Index permalinks

Post by rosarior »

Hi,

there is a proof of concept branch, it has not been merge because it is dependent on a pending refactor of the index models. Once the index refactor is complete and merged, we can also merge the work on index permalinks. Version 3.5 just entered beta and feature freeze, so this will be on version 3.6 or 3.7.