Unraid install guide, add Mayan EDMS to CA

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
botzoboy

Unraid install guide, add Mayan EDMS to CA

Post by botzoboy »

Unraid is an widely used NAS OS with Docker support. I kindly ask an developer to release a simple guide how to install Mayan EDMS in Uraid, and when possible to add Mayan EMDS to CA (Community Applications).
michael
Developer
Developer

Re: Unraid install guide, add Mayan EDMS to CA

Post by michael »

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately none of the core team members has any experience with Unraid. We will need to first learn the basics before attempting to write a guide and request entry to the Community Applications.

I'll see if I can schedule this sometime after the 3.5 release and work on it with another team member.
KingWolf

Post by KingWolf »

+1 would be a good alternative to *** (that's allready in communicty applications in UNRAID)

Greetings
KingWolf
fern

Post by fern »

one vote from me for this idea, i have unraid running for a long time but struggle with the CA template already provided. I did manage to get Mayan working in Unraid docker but it is tedious.

Firstly you need to know that docker compose is not part of the Unraid solution by default. It is easy to install from commandline but Unraid somehouw does not retain it. This means i have to install it after each server reboot. Secondly I struggle with the upgrading process as Unraid has no sysctl packages installed.

What this means is that I cannot work with standard components in Unraid to get Mayan EDMS working. Until that is resolved I am planning to deploy a Debian container on Unraid and dockerize that to my needs...

Any suggestions from others are welcome!