Sort by X

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
rssfed23

Sort by X

Post by rssfed23 »

An idea for when viewing cabinet details/document lists or when viewing index results would be the possibility of sorting by something. Most useful for me would be date, but I assume if added it would also be easy to do other fields as well like name, tags etc.
At the moment everything seems sorted by document title.

Rob
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.

rosarior
Developer
Developer

Re: Sort by X

Post by rosarior »

Thanks for the feedback.

To fulfill this two new features would be needed: a way to show documents in a list table form and allow users to toggle different columns for documents (or other object types). The first is almost done (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edm ... ns.py#L156). It was not included in version 3.3 because there are some issues with the document preview and lazyload JavaScript breaking when switching to list mode. By switching any view where documents are shown to a list, the column headers before HTML anchors and enable sorting.

The other feature, user-selectable columns, didn't make it for the 4.0 roadmap. This will be worked on after version 4.0 or during 4.0 if we finish the main goal ahead of schedule.

rssfed23

Re: Sort by X

Post by rssfed23 »

That's great to hear! - The first feature is really all I need personally the second is a "nice to have" bonus and it looks like what you've worked on so far will fit the bill awesomely!
Please don't PM for general support; start a new thread with your issue instead.