Email Grouping

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
calvinsug

Email Grouping

Post by calvinsug » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:59 am

Hi, i'm using Mayan-EDMS for 2 weeks and i'm very amazed with this feature, i have just tried the workflow transition, email documents, etc.

But, i just got curious if there is any email grouping, so when i want to send any document, i don't need to type all of recipient's Email address, but only select the group for example Human Resource groups which has a@gmail.com, b@gmail.com, c@gmail.com.
If there isn't any, maybe this minor feature could be useful ? Thank you in advance :D

rosarior

Re: Email Grouping

Post by rosarior » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi,

It is not possible and we don't have that in schedule (first time it comes up). I've added it to the work list to see when we can tackle this. If the code changes are small could be done in a minor version after 3.3 is released. Thanks for the suggestion!

calvinsug

Post by calvinsug » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:25 am

sure, thanks! can't wait the feature to be done :)

it will be helping very much since i can send the document to a group of people without inputting it manually every time i want to send the document. (Just input it one time in the email grouping list)

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:16 am

We missed the merge window to add this to version 3.3 as it was a late addition. It has been scheduled for the next version be it 4.0 or 3.4. Thanks for the suggestion!