WebDAV remote access

Requests for new functionality or improvements in existing functionality. Please provide clear descriptions of your request, an example or if possible a real life scenario.
alsobrsp

WebDAV remote access

Post by alsobrsp » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:18 pm

I would like to access my Mayan data as external storage from my Nextcloud instance. Nextcloud has the ability to access and number of bankends, Amazon S3, FTP/FTPS, Local, Nextcloud, OpenStack Object Storage, SFTP, SMB/CIFS, WebDAV.

WebDAV seems to make the most sense to me as it could retain the naming, ACL, and versioning currently within Mayan. One solution could be a WebDAV/API connector.

Thank you for the great software.

rosarior

Re: WebDAV remote access

Post by rosarior » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

Adding support for the WebDAV and CMIS protocols are two of the oldest open tickets in the project (https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/issues/136).

We have not been able to implement them due to the lack of mature and well maintained Python server libraries. The lack of existing code means that we would need to implement the protocols from scratch and that is something we currently don't have the expertise or budget to achieve.

Sadly, for the time being these will not be implemented.

miquels

Post by miquels » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:46 pm

This looks like a decent webdav server library: https://wsgidav.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

rosarior

Post by rosarior » Sun May 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Thanks @miquels for the link, it looks interesting. However at first glance it seems to be a stand alone server, what we need is a server library that would allow us to add WebDAV server API endpoints as part of Mayan itself and not a parallel server.